My Wargaming and hobby progression

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

23/09/2014

EC: Veteran Tactical Squad #1


I've been working on converting a 40K Space Marine Tactical squad into a 30K Veteran Tactical squad. It's a lot more time consuming than I imagined!

After cleaning up all the parts I then proceeded to cut the knee caps off to green stuff some MKIV knees.

After green stuffing the knees I then built the bodies, leaving off the head, arms and backpacks.

I bought the Emperor's Children helmets to save time, rather than converting the helmets from MKVII to MKIV. The Sergeant I built from a Palatine Blade body. I have since Primed all this.



I have yet to finish working on all the arms and weapons. The 40K Tactical squad has many arms that cross the body holding the bolter with both hands, however I'm modelling them with Chainswords. I'm having to be creative in modifying some of the arms. Not to mention I've shaved the forearms, in preparation for green stuffing them with MKIV forearms.

Needless to say, it's been a time consuming few days and I still have another squad to complete. Hopefully the end result will be worth it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment